Monday, 19 September 2016

8. Audience Research and Music Consumption

Task 1: Music Consumption



Task 2: Audience Research and Music Consumption
Task 8 by Ffion Parry on Scribd

Task 3:



Learning Comments:

PART 1
I learnt that Youtube is a popular way of viewing music videos because they are easily accessible. Watch videos on the television is also handy because they have specific channels for it. I found that music videos can be viewed to see a correlation between the lyrics and the visuals, making some of the lyrics more clearly and allows the audience to visualise certain words. She enjoyed seeing performance, mainly dance, but she didn't have a specific like for a certain thing. downloading videos aren't as easy and some people do not have time to watch the music video to every song they listen to, so she saved them to her 'liked videos' on her youtube account to watch in her free time.

PART 2
I learnt that there are a lot of different audiences and what I show, effects what they perceive of the song. Whatever I may show may not be agreed with my the audience. I also need to consider what I show fits with the lyrics to have relevance and try to get the audience to agree with me. I further need to take into account what society says about the certain genre of music, particular song, some of the lyrics and what I could possibly use.

PART 3
My parents watched a remake of pink's song, Who Knew. They liked the location because of the iconic buildings. They said that the actress and her clothing fit perfectly with the genre of music and Pink's voice, which made it very realistic. The storyline was clear to understand and also fit with the lyrics. The varied camera angles and the pace of the cuts kept you interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment