Thursday, 1 December 2016

Digipak: Edits

I took this photograph on our filming day in Weston-Super-Mare. Whilst we were filming them running around with the red cloth I thought this was a perfect opportunity to take a photo of them together. The previous photo to this was of Mason laughing so I had to retake it.

I then cropped the image to cut Mason out and just have Ellie. I added this to my temple and cropped it to the size of the square of my digipak template. In my ancillary task, I planned to have Ellie on the left inside and Mason on the right inside to give the illusion of them looking at each other and then looking at the audience when opened.

I then added and cropped the picture of Mason onto the template. I increased the saturation and hue of the image to make it more softer.


I put a red filter over the images of Ellie and Mason. I made sure they were both 50% filtered because I wanted the image to be pinky but not block pink. I thought it also went with the red cloth they both have in the video and the soft tone of red symbolises the love they have for each other.

I took this image just before I started filming because the sun was perfectly placed and made with Mason and Ellie look like silhouettes. The flare from the sun also makes the picture real and you can feel like you are physically there yourself. I also added the red filter to this image because I wanted all the images to match each other. I increased the saturation of the image to make it full of life and increase the brightness of the sunlight and make Mason and Ellie darker.














I added this image onto the back of the digipak and I moved one of the graffiti pictures to the front of the digipak because I had already included a face shot of Mason, I didn't want to add another. I added the red filter onto the graffiti picture because I found they looked to plain. I put it to 35% filter because I had edited the colour out of some of the picture and I wanted this to be the main focus, rather than the filter of red.

















I had planned photographs of the fabric we were using in the video because I thought it was important to make the link between the red cloth symbolising the love between Mason and Ellie. I put the red filter onto this image which made it more pink. I also increased the hue making the shadows stand out more and mixed up the colours on the image. I increased the red slightly to make it even bolder and decreased the blue making the black stand out even further. I added this to the template and made sure all of the images linked together with the red filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment